Saturday, April 2, 2011

Dining Room Teardown..........in a Haunted House!

So my house was built in the 1890's and is in need of updating and insulating. We have found in the past some really strange things in the walls, bottles, shoes that look as if a witch would wear them, old newspapers, a riding crop...no money though:)


Most of the walls are made of lathe and plaster, all of which needs to come down before wiring can be replaced, walls insulated, and new drywall hung.  Plaster makes a mess, lol.


Today, I spent my afternoon attacking the dining room walls with a hammer. The dining room is our next project:)  There is something to be said for destroying something ....knowing that you are not going to get in trouble:)  Every time I bashed the wall in I felt a little stress leaving my body!


Did I mention our house is haunted?  Her name is Katherine, she was born in this house, as was her Mother. I purchased this house from Katherine's Son. Katherine herself died in a nursing home back in the 1980's, but she never really left her home.  Something a lot of people don't know about ghosts is that when you tear their house apart it has a tendency to really tick them off.  Katherine shows her anger by becoming more active, aand playing mean tricks...like hiding your keys in weird places...under the couch, in the oven! She pulls the curtains when you're taking a shower, rattles all the dishes in the cupboards, runs across the floor upstairs all night when you're trying to sleep, so I'm pretty sure that we are in for it when she notices the mess!

Stay tuned for her reaction, and follow along with our remodeling project!

No comments:

Post a Comment

OneTrueFan